Montgomery County Community Action

Montgomery County Community Action

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Spaces Available in County's Head Start and Prekindergarten Programs

Head Start/Prekindergarten spaces are available for eligible 4-year-olds in Montgomery County.

Walk-in applications will be accepted Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m., at Rocking Horse Road Center, 4910 Macon Road, Room 141, Rockville, Maryland 20852.

For information, please call (301) 230-0676.


You must bring the following documents:

1) U.S. Birth Certificate (US passport also accepted)
Children who are not U.S. citizens MUST first register with the School Counseling, Residency and International Admissions Office. Call 301-230-0686 for an appointment.

2) Family Income Verification (include all persons working or receiving income in household)

  • 2013 1040 tax statement, including all W2’s, and 3 current pay stubs for each job; if self-employed, submit Schedule “C” (Profit and Loss from Business) and Form 1099;
  • Proof of additional income sources (i.e., child support court order or notarized letter showing dollar amount, unemployment, Temporary Cash Assistance, rental income, Social Security, notarized financial support letter showing dollar amount, etc.)

3) Acceptable Proof of Montgomery County Residence

  • Current property tax bill or deed and current utility bill (if HOMEOWNER)
  • Copy of current lease and utility bill (if RENTER) and Housing Opportunities Commission (HOC) letter, if applicable
  • Notarized Shared Housing Disclosure: MCPS Form 335-74 (if sharing housing and/or living with others); AND copy of homeowner’s property tax bill, deed, or renter’s current lease; AND owner’s utility bill; AND 3 documents mailed to the parent/guardian at the shared housing address

4) Photo Identification of the parent guardian and court documents for custody, if applicable.

5) Additional Supporting Documents: Child Care Provider Name, Address, and Telephone Number; Child’s Medical Insurance Information; Food Stamp letter; Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Nutrition Program; Child Care Subsidy Vouchers; Rental/Utilities Assistance; Individualized Education Program (IEP); Proof of Guadianship/Foster Care, if applicable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.